Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Closer to 2 than 1!




Jim, Gabe and I just returned from a beach trip where I quickly came to light that Gabe is growing up quite quickly. I realized he's closer to 2 than he is to 1. Wow! He's just so big and quite independent. We had a great time. We traveled up to Atlantic Beach NC for a week with family. Gabe appeared to really enjoy the beach. The first day I was told "don't let him get his face wet in the ocean or he won't want to get back into the ocean" but too late upon first steps into the ocean - he was knocked right down - and LOVED IT! From that moment on he wouldn't get out of the water. I must say after a week at the beach he's got strong legs from withstanding the currents. If we had let him I'm sure he'd be half way to Europe. I have always enjoyed swimming so I'm very happy he's so comfortable with the water (maybe a little too much - no fear!). Throughout the beach trip Gabe (whom loves dogs) made friends with well over 20 pups. The beaches were quite busy with dogs this year (sadly our two mutts were back in GA visiting with the Vet). To add to the list of NO FEAR - Gabe has no fear of dogs - he'd go right up to them and pet away! There was the most adorable dog there at the beach all week named Frazier that I was always quite amazed Gabe had no fear of - a beagle Great Dane that was approximately 3 feet tall and only 7 months old. Such a sweet pup and nope I forgot to click a photo. One day I'll get the hang of taking photos. There were several good ones I got but several I wish I had gotten. Overall it was a great trip and we hope maybe end of the summer or early fall we can take another weekend trip to the Gulf.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Great start to being a Blogger! Can't wait to see more.

Kama said...

You're so funny! Thanks!