Saturday, November 8, 2008

Fall with the Shaws

Howdy - It's been a bit - let's see if I can remember everything that's been going on! For the most part this fall has flown by and before you know it Gabe's going to be 2 (1 week away!!!!) Life is so so different from the times I could come home from work and relax. Thank goodness for TiVo that's all I have to say! Okay to begin the Fall we hit the Atlanta Aquarium. I put going off long enough - I was trying to let some of the newness wear off since the Atlanta Aquarium is fairly new but since the boy has been showing so much interest in "fish" I figured the time had come and it wasn't too crowded. We had a fabulous time. I would dare to say the Penguins impressed him the most. He loved those penquins. We even let him pick something out of the gift shop afterwards (something I was never allowed to do - thanks parents) and he chose a penguin which he quickly named Ping! We'll definitely go back but we're thinking about stepping it up and going to Seaworld next summer in FL - I have a best friend, Tiffany whom lives near Seaworld, maybe she can show us the ropes. Okay, trip two was to the beach, our last of the year sadly but it was a wonderful trip to Seabrook Island near Charleston with some of our closest friends (Beth, Dan, and Fenn whom is not quite a year younger than Gabe). Leading up to this trip we spoke about the "beach" so much I think Gabe thought Fenn's name was "Beach". At the beach we had a great RELAXING time. We rented bikes (Gabe liked day 1 but not so much day 2 - never quite understood why his dad had to be in front of him?!) It was chilly but we made it out on the beach both days and the weather was fabulous, water was a little chilly for me but the boys loved it! I think Gabe made a good friend in Fenn aka Beach, we were a little worried since Gabe's a little older - he might teach him some bad tricks?! But I don't think Gabe did too much damage. Overall we loved our beach trip and hoping it can be a yearly trip. A big thanks to our friends, Pipers! Finally we've made it to Tech for a game, sort of. We ventured up to Georgia Tech for Homecoming this year but decided against going to the game - we were hoping to see the "Wreck Parade" but this Saturday morning Gabe decided to sleep in and I hated to wake him. So we got to Atlanta at the tail-end of the parade but still were able to meet up with a lot of ZTA sorority sisters whom I haven't seen in years. And we were even able to meet up with Uncle Jeff (he had come in as well for the game from Cincy). And sorry no photos - we can't remember everything on trips - I forgot the camera (and I hate that because they have all the cool Buzzes around campus painted with different themes and Gabe wanted to hug them all). Well that about it up to Halloween and stay tuned for the next posting on that!

No comments: