Saturday, November 8, 2008

Wild Animals oh my!



Well we visited the Pine Mountain Wild Animal Park today. It's been open for many many years and I've never been and wow - that's about all I can say! We get there and keep in mind I don't know anything about it. I ask what do we do - we want to see animals - my son (Gabe) loves animals! She says there's a drive thru section and a walk through section. For the drive thru you can drive your own vehicle or for $11 more you can use their zebra print ones (basic run down but drive-able mini vans). I said "what should we do?!" Keep in mind I know nothing, well thank goodness she says well "sometimes" the animals get pretty close and they do have horns/antlers. And me with a new Honda Pilot I said $11 is petty cash, we'll take the Zebra print van for $11! THANK GOODNESS! Basically in this park all 400,000 animals are right up on top of your vehicle (you can feed them from your vehicle and they know it). My Aunt Bobbie kept reminding me of the commercial where an elephant sits on the hood of a tourist car. Well good news there aren't any elephants in this park but there were lions, tigers (these were in cages), camels, giraffes, buffalo, elk, zebras, pigs (all of these roamed everywhere and would have sat on your laps if we had opened the van door)! We started the car tour and the animals we waiting impatiently. Gabe did not care for it, the animals plain scared the mess out of him. I'm looking forward to nightmares starting tonight. It took about 30 minutes (half of the drive around the park) for him to get calmer and then he was all about trying to get my Aunt Bobbie to hand feed these animals - right into happening! Some of them have huge horns! After all this we did the walking bit and it was nice and Gabe enjoyed it but didn't quite understand why climbing fences wasn't allowed! Wow! Not sure about another visit! It's a great place to visit for a tad older children but if you aren't for keeping animals in their non-habitat then I wouldn't recommend.

1 comment:

The Crouse House said...

One time, before we even had kids, we took Scott's car through. Some of the animals put their hooves on our car and an ostrich stuck its head in the sunroof! Good choice!